Help and Support - FAQ
How do I post an ad?
Posting an ad on marketplace.lk is quick, easy and completely free! Simply click the orange Post Ad button and follow the instructions.
Your contact details will be filled in for you automatically.
We will send you an email confirmation once we have reviewed your ad. It may takes upto 24 hours during office hours. if you did not get any email from us please check your junk mails (spams).
How do I delete my ad?
If you would like to delete your ad, log to your account and click the "Delete" icon next to an ad on your "My ads" page.
How do I edit my ad?
If you would like to edit your ad, log to your account and click the "Edit" icon next to an ad on your "My ads" page.
How long do ads stay on marketplace.lk?
Ads appear for 90 days, unless you manually delete them. You will still see your expired ad on your account, you are able to renew it if you want it to appears again on our website.
I posted an ad but can't find it. What’s wrong?
All ads are reviewed against fraud and spam so it can take up to 24 hours before an ad is published on the site. If you still can't find your ad after 24 hours, it may have violated our posting rules. If your ad was not approved, you should have received an email explaining the reasons.You are able to follow the approve process of each ad on your account "My ads" page. Your ads can take these status "Pending", "Approved" and "Expired"
Why has my ad been rejected?
All of the ads are manually reviewed - if your ad violates our posting rules it will be rejected. You can read what changes you have to make before the ad can be approved in In the rejection email.
I haven't received any responses to my ad. What's wrong?
It is strongly recommended that you write a good title and detailed description, and use clear original images in your ad.
What are the rules for posting on marketplace.lk?
We don't allow ads that contain:
- an item or service that is illegal in Sri Lanka
- an item or service that is not located in Sri Lanka
- an invalid phone number or email address
- an unrealistic offer
- offensive language
- offensive pictures
- text in the title or description that is not related to the advertised item or service
- pictures that do not match or clearly show the advertised item or service
- a non-specific item or service, e.g. a description of a company in general terms
- a URL link that is not relevant to the advertised item or service
- offers and requests for items or services in the same ad
- the same content as another ad
Why can’t I log in to my account?
If you are having trouble logging in to your account, please check that you have:
- signed up for an account
- activated the account via the link sent to your email
- entered the correct email address and password on the log in page.
If you are still having trouble accessing your account, please contact us.
How to read in Sinhala and Tamil ?
marketplace.lk uses Unicode to display Sinhala and Tamil text. If you are using Windows XP or an earlier version, you may need to set up Unicode support in order to view our Sinhala or Tamil site.
Step 1: Get Sinhala / Tamil Unicode support
- Follow the instructions to install Sinhala Unicode support here.
- Follow the instructions to install Tamil Unicode support here.
Step 2: Add Sinhala / Tamil fonts
- Download Sinhala fonts from here, then copy the font files to your system's "Font" directory.
- Tamil font is pre-installed in Windows XP and later versions.
Step 3: Refresh marketplace.lk.
How to write in Sinhala and Tamil ?
There are a few methods you can use to type in Sinhala and Tamil:
- Follow the instructions in the appropriate user guide provided here for Sinhala and here for Tamil
- Download Google Input Tools (Windows 7/Vista/XP users only)
- Use an online keyboard, such as Google Transliteration, and then copy-paste the Sinhala or Tamil text over to marketplace.lk.
- For some mobile phone users, it may be possible to obtain a Sinhala or Tamil keyboard through a smartphone app.